**समस्त भारतिया थल, वायु और जल सेनाओं के वेटेरन परिवार को अर्पित मेरी वेब साईट - 22.7 LAKH HITS GLOBALLY ** JOIN THE PARIVAAR OF OVER 12000 VETERANS & LADIES HERE - https://bit.ly/3Iqnv0l ** DON'T LEAVE YOUR FAMILY IN LURCH, - ACT NOW ** BRIG NARINDER DHAND ** JAI HIND **

AGIF - EXTORTION CALLS BY FRAUDSTERS

**BEWARE FRAUDSTERS ARE OUT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM PENSIONERS IN THE NAME OF ARMY  GROUP INSURANCE FUND. 
            There are so many fraudsters who call up mostly on the land line phones of the pensioners, specially the family pensions posing themselves to be officers or JCOs from AGIF or CDA, trying to inform them that there is some amount in thousands as balance with the AGIF which is to be paid to the pensioner or claimed by him/her before the same gets time barred.
         The unsuspecting and simple souls that we the fauji's are, incl our poor families quickly fall prey into their net,  thinking it to be a wind fall and without having any clues on any such dues from AGIF. The caller, taking advantage of your easy belief in the allurement,  will soon ask for your bank a/c number Pan number AadhAar card Number etc and ask you to deposit ten or twenty thousand rupees in their account through transfer by NEFT as processing charges, within 24 hours.

    लालच बुरी बला हैi (lalch buri bla hai)

          Many officers incl few of senior ranks and family pensioners have been trapped this way and lost their hard earned money. So BEWARE and keep your selves updated.

       This issue has been raised by us with the AGIF  and we have issued several mails and advisories to our readers. Many have responded that they got saved in time because of being forewarned. 

      Those who have been victims will obviously not come forward obviously to own up their foolishness and greed .

      Please note that AGIF has clarified that there are no outstanding sums with them for any of the pensioners. They have also issued an advertisement in the news few weeks back which is placed here.

Should you get such a call you know how to tackle them, donot fall into their trap. There are no Free Wind Falls  (Lunches) in Life.


HERE IS A CASE REPORTED BY COL NN BHATIA - EXTORTION POSING AS POLICE OFFICIAL TRYING TO HELP YOU

Sir,
I bring to your notice another fraudster ringing my son for extortion a few year back given below that may be widely circulated-
 How Fraudsters are working In Our Country To Cheat Innocent Citizens?

1.  On 30 May 2013 around 1115 hrs, I got mobile call from my son Capt Gaurav Bhatia (Mob No 09940468127), who has joined new company in Chennai on 3 May 2013, stating that one person who said he was Sub Inspector Rana from the Special Branch (Crime) Delhi Police rang him from Mob No 08800879719. He told him that there was a case against him (Capt Gaurav Bhatia) under IPC Sections 406, 420, 468 and so on. My son asked him what crime he had done, who has lodged the complaint and how he got his new Chennai number given to him by his company only a few days back? Mr. Rana said he (Gaurav Bhatia) had cheated RBI and for more details he should contact Mr. Narinder Kumar, Government Lawyer, Patiala House immediately as he (Gaurav Bhatia) was to be present in the court at 1150 hrs on 30 May 2013 failing which non-bail able arrest warrant would be issued against him and sent to Chennai Police. Once he was arrested his passport etc would be cancelled and he would lose his job too.
2. My son, quite worried, rang me immediately and appraised me what has been stated in Para one above and smsed me Mr. Rana’s mobile No. I was very upset and rang Mr. Rana immediately and asked him the details of the case. He said Gaurav Bhatia was required to be present in Patiala House Court at 1150 hrs on 30 May 2013 in cheating case reported by the RBI failing which non-bailable warrant of arrest would be issued against him and sent to Chennai Police for his arrest. I asked him that there was a procedure on recovery of dues by government and no notice or letter to this effect has ever been received by Gaurav Bhatia or any one of us. He told me that since the case file was 12-13 pages long, he could not read and tell me the details and that I should contact Narinder Kumar (Mob No 09540263218), Government Lawyer dealing with the case. He also warned me repeatedly that required action should be taken by me in next 10 minutes after talking with Narinder Kumar and I must tell him before 1150 hrs or else he would issue non-bail-able arrest warrant against Gaurav Bhatia. After repeated ringing, I was finally through to I Mr. Narinder Kumar who initially said he could not recollect the case and I should ring him after 5-10 minutes. In between I got again call from Rana wanting to know if Narinder Kumar has issued ‘hold’ order on the case.  I again rang Narinder Kumar and he said RBI has filed a case against Gaurav Bhatia as he has not paid the bank Rs 76200.00 dues since long. I desired to meet him in Patiala House & he said he was very busy & I should meet him around 4 pm. I asked him his chamber /office location & he said I should come to Gate No 2 and ask anyone for him. When I told him that Mr. Rana had said that the dead line was 1150 hrs on 30 May, he replied in that case, I should rush to nearest ICICI Bank with a cheque book and contact him and he would give the account number in which the money was to be deposited. I told him what details I need to fill in the challan & he said I should better rush to the bank first & ring him from there. 
3. Mr. Sudhir Walia, Senior Lawyer of the Supreme Court who lives in Noida, is my relative and was away to Chandigarh, I rang him for consultation and gave him Mobile numbers of both Mr. Rana & Mr. Narinder Kumar. Soon after Mr. Rana again rang me and asked me what actions I had taken. I told him I was a former Intelligence Bureau Officer, I would contact my former ‘IB Bosses’ and would act on what they and Mr. Walia would advise me. He said, ‘phir, mein apni kaarrya wahi shuru karta hun’ or words to that effect and hanged up. Mean while, Mr. Walia told me that it appears to be well organised syndicate working as he got it checked from the Patiala House Courts and no case RBI versus Gaurav Bhatia was listed for hearing on 30 May 2013. He also got it checked that there were 5 lawyers registered in the Patiala by the name Narinder Kumar and none of them had Mobile number as 09540263218. Mr. Walia also rang number of times to Rana and Narinder Kumar. While Mr. Rana never lifted the mobile, Mr. Narinder Kumar once lifted the phone and when Mr. Walia told him he was his professional colleague practicing in Supreme Court he fumbled answering Mr. Walia’s queries and left the phone. Thereafter, there is no communication with both Mr. Rana and Mr. Narinder Kumar.
 4. Whole incident has put us in avoidable tension and appears to be part of organised cyber /white collar / financial crimes that need to be investigated and criminals punished.
5. Since I had served in the Intelligence Bureau for over 8 years after retiring from the Army, I contacted some of my retired senior colleagues. The analysis of mobile numbers of Rana and Kumar are fake and from area around Ghaziabad. The case was be referred to Special Branch Delhi Police by IB for further investigation and to catch the culprits. 
6. A piece of advice-please ensure you and your family,specially the children on Facebook do not give personal details like mobile numbers, residential /official  addresses, family details,bank account numbers, car numbers etc so that the unscrupulous elements do not misuse them.Likewise,industry has to be careful as world over cyber crimes are increasing and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) that collects data from various sensors at a factory, plant, or in other remote locations and sends this data to a central computer that then manages and controls the data can be hacked, adversely affecting  control and management systems in a wide range of industries such as  Water Management Systems, Electric Power, traffic Signals, Mass Transit Systems, Environmental Control Systems, and Manufacturing Systems.
7. In the instant case,  data was stolen from my son's Facebook account, therefore, it is requested personal details, residential addresses, names of schools children are studying, mobile & telephone Nos should be avoided in public domain.


Col NN Bhatia (Retd)
Industrial Security Consultant
A-27, Sector 30, Noida
Mob+919818044762
Email : narindrabhatia@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

READERS ! KINDLY BEGIN YOUR REMARKS, COMMENTS OR QRYs ON THIS WEB PAGE WITH YOUR RANK+NAME AND EMAIL ID TO ENABLE US TO PUBLISH AND REPLY DIRECTLY AND PRIVATELY TO YOU ON YOUR EMAIL.
WE REGRET OUR INABILITY OTHERWISE.
BRIG NARINDER DHAND,
FOUNDER & CONVENER ,
BIGGER FAMILY $ SIGNALS PARIVAAR,
WEB PORTAL FOR MILITARY VETERANS,